We want to help you ensure that trips are as enjoyable and stress-free as possible.
Pre-Trip Safety Information
- U.S. State Department Travel Advisories
- U.S. Weather Alerts
- Global Severe Weather Information
- World weather forecasts
- Dangerous Destinations (Canadian government)
- Zika Travel Information (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention)
- Travel Safety Tips Factsheet (State of Texas Dept. of Insurance)
Pre-Trip Planning Information
- Does we need to obtain or renew our passports?
- Do we need visas?
- Do we need vaccinations?
- Money matters – Make sure you can access your money overseas
- Plugs, sockets, and voltages – by country
- Do we need travel power adapters? – (Here’s another article)
- Cell phone configuration & usage:
Do’s and Don’ts Around the World
- 20 quirky cultural do’s and don’ts from around the world
- International tipping etiquette
- Kwintessential’s country custom guides
- Hand gestures you want to avoid (or get right!) as you travel
Stuff You Need to Know (But Forgot to Ask)
- Currency converter
- The World Clock – the current time, anywhere in the world
- Worldwide holidays – create a monthly calendar by country
- Clothing and shoe size conversions
- Temperature converter
- Miles to kilometers -or- Kilometers to miles
- Gallons to liters -or- Liters to gallons
- Pounds to kilograms -or- Kilograms to pounds
- U.S. Consulates, Embassies, & Missions
- Prescriptions and over-the-counter drugs
Going to Europe?
- Transportation – international, national, regional, and local
- Lodging – hotels, villas, b&bs, hostels
- Dining – meals, snacks, tastings
- Attractions – museums, galleries, historical sites, entertainment venues
Bon voyage and safe travels!
Masthead photo: Firenze Skyline (Bob)